Friday, June 16, 2006

Lord of the Online Identity - One Tool to Rule them All ..

The web is indeed an abundant source of information - and the quality of this information is rising as we get better at using the power of search tools and understand what fits our interests.
My biggest consistent problem is storing the information - making it useful to myself and to people of like mind. We've previously discussed web 2.0 and the focus on personalizing content - a better way to share information and discoveries than sending out an email everytime I stumble on a cool site. In comes the blog - but as a human my interests far superceed the blogosphere. I could not possibly update this here forum on my love for 70s psychedelic rock anymore than I can pester restaurant-owning Italians pals with the latest from the tech world.
So how can I be myself, enjoy my interests, share my thoughts and discoveries with the appropriate parties and risk little in terms of wrongful information-sharing, wasted energy in distribution and communication or time management constraints (the number 1 issue for most today)?

It is time for the web to empower the human being. It is time for me to gather all my different outlets and inlets and feed them into one powerful aggregator and re-distributor. One tool that not only holds all of my information as well as anyone I am connected with, but has set rules for how each connection interacts / is 'plugged in' to me - what information is shared - which experiences are joint and which are separate. One tool to create me ..
Once I am created I can allow the tool to run my online life - it already knows what I want and how I want it - it also knows what to share with mom .. and what to share with the programmer friend. Oh - and whenever I sign up for yet another network I simply provide my tool handle and all information and connections are populated automatically. The idea though is for the tool itself to become the most powerful network operator I'll ever need.

Finally I am free .. to be me ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home